Hubert Humphrey Program Info Sessions for BiH
You are cordially invited to participate in the U.S. Embassy-facilitated information session regarding the 2018-2019 Hubert H. Humphrey program competition for Bosnia and Herzegovina, on these dates and at these locations, from 15:30 to 17:00:
- Tuesday, April 25, 15:30 to 17:00: Embassy – AC Sarajevo – Mostar – Trebinje
- Wednesday, April 26, 15:30 to 17:00: Embassy – U.S. Alumni Association to BiH – Bihac – Doboj – Zenica
- Thursday, April 27, 15:30 to 17:00: Embassy – AC Sarajevo – Tuzla – Banja Luka – Brcko.
For program information, visit: https://sarajevo.usembassy.gov/humphrey-fellowships.html.
The format aims to enable prospective applicants to learn about the program; to hear directly from BiH alumni across the country about their program experience; and to ask questions. This is a great opportunity for program alumni to support prospective applicants as well as to network with fellow alumni.
Each session will cover:
15:30-15:45: Program overview via PowerPoint presentation (from the U.S. Embassy in Sarajevo)
15:45-16:15: Highlights from Humphrey Fellows on their program experience (up to 5min each; no PowerPoint)
16:15-17:00: Q&A from each participating Corner for Humphrey Fellows and the U.S. Embassy.
We hope you will be able to speak about 5 minutes on highlights of your program experience and to answer questions from prospective applicants. We believe that hearing directly from Humphrey Fellows like you will inspire and motivate BiH professionals to consider the program. Some aspects that you may cover can be:
- Best aspects about your Fellowship
- Concerns or worries you had before attending the program in the United States and how they played out once you got there
- What are the results of your participation and how have you been using what you have learned, professionally and personally
- Application process tips
- Anything else you think would be interesting to prospective applicants in BiH.
The event will be in English and moderated from the U.S. Embassy in Sarajevo by Adriana O’Flanagan, Academic Exchange Coordinator. In case of technical difficulties that may disrupt the online joint participation, we ask for your assistance to share your program experience with the audience at the Corner (or Networks) and to be available to answer their questions.
Please feel free to also give us a call if you have questions at +387 62 694 731, or contact Adriana directly:
Adriana A. O’Flanagan
Academic Exchange Coordinator
U.S. Embassy to Bosnia and Herzegovina