From November 1st, 2016, EducationUSA Advising Center in Sarajevo becomes part of the US Alumni Association in Bosnia and Herzegovina. Established in 2009 with the support of the US State Department, it is one of 400 such centers around the world. Consultation services will now be provided in the premises of the co-working space HUB 387 (Maglajska 1), and include:
- Providing free, accurate, encompassing and newest information on the higher education institutions in the US.
- Help with finding schools that are appropriate for each student, based on their fields of study, size of the school, whether private or public, etc).
- Help identifying financial support opportunities (including finding and applying for them).
- Help with understanding the admittance process, writing the essays, getting letters of recommendation, applying for student visas, document translation, adapting to life in a new culture etc.
- Help with preparing for TOEFL, SAT, GRE, GMAT etc.
- Help applying for other scholarship programs financed by the US State Department (Fulbright, Hubert Humphrey, UGRAD etc).
As part of their activities, EducationUSA center in Sarajevo organizes the EducationUSA Higher Education Fair, where 14-16 American universities and colleges present their offers to Bosnian students and express their interest and readiness to admit students from BiH. Also, in cooperation with the Public Affairs of the US Embassy in Sarajevo, EducationUSA office administrates the Opportunity Grants that assist the high school and university students in Bosnia and Herzegovina with paying the expenses connected to the American universities’ application processes.
From November 1st, 2018, the Association also operates the Banja Luka EducationUSA center with our newest adviser Bojana Lekic. She will continue working out of the American Corner in Banja Luka, whose address you can find alongside the other two centers in Bosnia and Herzegovina below:
Aleksandra Popovic, BiH coordinator based in Sarajevo.
Telephone/Viber/WhatsApp: +387 62 36 43 70
Address: US Alumni Association in BiH, HUB 387, Maglajska 1, Sarajevo, BiH
Working Hours: Tuesday 2-5:30PM; Wednesday 8:30AM-12PM; Thursday 12 – 2:30PM
Additional consultation hours can be arranged with the coordinator any working day between 8AM and 7PM.
Bojana Lekic, Banja Luka adviser
Telephone/Viber/WhatsApp: +387 65 082 693
Address: Americki kutak, Carice Milice 1a (Dvorana Obilicevo/Mejdan), Banja Luka, BiH
Office hours: Monday and Wednesday 3 – 7 PM; Saturday 9 AM – 2 PM.
Anja Kresojevic, Mostar adviser
Edita Miftari, Tuzla adviser
Address: American Corner Tuzla, National University Library Dervis Susic, Mihajla i Zivka Crnogorcevica 7, 75000 Tuzla
Telephone/Viber/WhatsApp: +387 61 856 384
Working Hours: Mondays and Wednesdays 10AM – 5PM, or per agreement.